Apr 13, 2015 Fun Facts About Beach Balls
Now that the weather is warmer, locals in beach towns and tourists alike are flocking to the beach. The calm, serene landscape is mesmerizing and brings a peaceful vibe. The crashing of waves onto the shore brings with it a calming effect that promotes relaxation. Beach therapy, as my wife and I say. It’s good for the soul.
One of the most iconic images of the beach is the beach ball. Just seeing these round, inflatable toys will conjure up thoughts of your last visit to beach. Exposure to these simple beach balls can cause a spontaneous trip to the beach or be the root of planning your next family vacation to the beach.
Fun Facts About Beach Balls
- The first beach ball was developed in California
- Records are sketchy, but it seems that the beach ball was invented in 1938 by Jonathon DeLonge.
- Beach balls became increasingly more popular during the 1960’s from the series of movies starring Annette Funicello and Frankie Avalon. These movies included, “Beach Party,” “Muscle Beach Party,” “Beach Blanket Bingo,” and “How to Stuff a Wild Bikini.”
- The largest beach ball in the world was over 51 feet in diameter and was created in Poland.
- Beach balls are the most popular beach promotional products to promote beach-themed events.
Personalized beach balls with your company logo are excellent giveaways to promote your business, organization, or event. Check out some of these ideas for beach balls. Beach balls come in many different sizes, colors, and styles. You can read the Beach Ball Buying Guide before buying your logo beach balls to make sure you get the beach balls you like.