Stainless steel drinkware is all the rage. However, it’s for good reason. Vacuum insulated stainless steel tumblers and water bottles work and THEY WORK WELL!
In fact, the stainless steel tumblers are so popular, you can now find accessories for your tumblers such as these EZ Grip Tumbler Handles.
Stainless steel drinkware is not simply a fad, though. There are many benefits of drinking from stainless steel cups, tumblers, and bottles as opposed to plastics and ceramics.
Below are a few of the main reasons why we feel these are superior drinking vessels, making them excellent giveaways for your clients and prospects.
10 Benefits of Stainless Steel Drinkware
- BPA-Free – Bisphenal A (BPA) has been a popular topic for many years surrounding plastic food and drink containers. This harmful chemical is found in thousands of plastic bottles, bowls, and containers. Much of the newer plastic drinkware is labeled BPA-Free now, but stainless steel is naturally BPA-Free; therefore, you don’t have to worry about whether or not it REALLY is free of BPA. However, with the known harmful effects of BPA, the FDA has not banned its use except for baby bottles and sippy cups for toddlers.
- Extremely durable – Stainless steel tumblers and bottles can take a beating and still continue to function the same as before. Plastic mugs and bottles can crack. Don’t even think about dropping ceramic. Stainless steel items can be used for many years giving you a lot of advertising exposure from a single purchase. Theoretically, these are durable enough to last a lifetime.
- Stylish – The look of stainless steel is in style. You know many people who take their tumbler everywhere with them. It’s become a fashion statement. Colored stainless steel is popular in so many different colors for men and women.
- No chemical leaching from plastics – Your plastic mug may be free of BPA, but what other chemicals are used in the manufacturing of that plastic? Science has proven that chemicals leach from plastics into your drink, particularly as the plastic is used a lot or as it becomes heated when left in your car. Stainless steel doesn’t leach chemicals into your drink. Drink healthy.
- Reduce Waste – Because stainless steel bottles and tumblers are used for many years, less waste is produced from drinking bottled water, disposable cups, and cheap promotional mugs that are thrown away much quicker than a premium quality stainless steel tumbler. Each year, landfills receive nearly 40 billion plastic bottles (soda and water) and about 50 billion plastic cups. The more stainless steel drinkware is reused, the more waste we are reducing.
- Puncture resistant – Plastic drinkware tends to leak over time. Whether the leaks occur after long-term repeated use, too many dishwasher cycles, dropping the items, punctures, or exposure to temperature extremes, it’s always a concern. However, with stainless steel, you can’t puncture the items unless you are trying to destroy it. You don’t ever have to worry about your tumbler springing a leak.
- Excellent temperature retention – Nothing else like stainless steel can keep your drinks hot or cold as long. The most beefed up plastic insulated mug doesn’t even come close to a vacuum insulated stainless steel tumbler. Once copper is thrown into the mix, the heat/cold retention is even better (See our last blog describing what vacuum sealed means and how copper helps).
- Recipients keep stainless steel tumblers and bottles for years – Premium giveaways are much more valuable to your advertising in the long term over cheap promotional items that will quickly be discarded. Whoever receives one of your stainless steel tumblers or bottles will continue to use that item for many years. Each time they use that item, they will be reminded of your company.
- Affordable – You don’t have to buy a $40 Yeti or other overpriced tumbler brands. You can buy tumblers that are just as good or better for less than half the price. As a bonus, you’re not promoting that big brand name. Instead, you are promoting your own brand. It’s a win-win for your company.
- Easy to clean – Stainless steel, as it implies is “stainless” if you go with the right stainless steel grade. Most of the higher quality tumblers and bottles are made with a 304 grade, also called 18/8 gauge or “food grade,” stainless steel which offers superior corrosion resistance (See our blog about the different grades of stainless steel). Mostly, a mild scrubbing with soap and water cleans them good as new. You can even run them through a dishwasher (minus the lid) periodically to get them extra clean.
The benefits of stainless steel speak for themselves. When you see a retail trend as popular as this, you know these types of promotional products are a perfect choice. The best giveaways are those that will be useful and used for a long period of time. That compounds the value of your marketing to keep your company top of mind.
Understanding What Vacuum Sealed Means For Stainless Steel Water Bottles & Tumblers
A Guide to Understanding Stainless Steel Grades For Tumblers and Water Bottles
The Major Problem with Giving Yeti Tumblers As Corporate Christmas Gifts
Top 5 Corporate Christmas Gifts
PromoDoodles by Perfect Imprints – Tumbler Rockets
Promotional Products Review – 20 oz. Himalayan Stainless Steel Tumbler