Jan 17, 2017 7 reasons to go for a run right now
For runners, this sport can become an obsession. The day does not feel complete until we get our run in. My wife says I need to run the crazy off after a day at work.
2016 statistics estimate about 17 million runners finished official races, and that number doesn’t count the number of non-competitive runners who only run for the love of running or for fitness.
If you don’t frequently run, below are a few reasons to start.
7 Reasons To Go For A Run Now
- Strengthens the Respiratory System – Breathing deep, full breaths help re-expand collapsed alveoli in your lungs allowing more efficient oxygen-carbon dioxide exchange throughout the day.
- Promotes Weight Loss – Since excess weight is one of the major contributing factors to diseases, maintaining a healthy weight is critical for optimal health. Frequent runs can help.
- Increases Immunity – Moderate runs can give your immune system a boost helping you ward off illnesses.
- Regulates Blood Pressure – About 32% of Americans suffer from high blood pressure, which can lead to strokes, heart disease, and other dreaded conditions.
- Increases Physical Strength – Running promotes muscle growth, and the stronger you are, the less prone you are for injuries. Also, the more muscle you have, the higher your metabolism allowing you to burn more calories throughout the day.
- Increases Bone Density – Weight-bearing exercises increase the strength of your bones which can help prevent osteoporosis and breaks from minor injuries.
- Improve Psychological Health – Running produces endorphins which improve your mood and helps manage your stress.
If running is not your passion, don’t worry, other exercises can yield similar effects. Walking, stair climbing, low-impact aerobics, and dancing may be the best options for you. If you don’t love the activity, it will be hard to be consistent with your routine.
In order to help you keep a consistent running routine as well as maintain safety, below are 7 suggested promotional items for runners.
7 Must-Have Promotional Items For Runners
Running in the late evening and at night can be very dangerous. It is important to not only wear highly visible clothing, but also to stay visible to drivers using lights. These armbands go around your arms and light up to help you be seen more easily while running (or walking) at night. The adjustable arm strap fits most arm sizes. The ultra-bright red light can be turned on to continuous mode or flashing mode for higher visibility.
Don’t get these confused for fanny packs. These running waist packs are slim and sleek They are the perfect running accessory for those who run and need somewhere safe to hold keys, cash, or your phone. This waist pack has an audio port for your earbuds cable so you can listen to music while you run. Multiple pockets ensure you have a home for all of your essentials.
Keeping the sun off your face is important to prevent damage from the harmful effects of the sun. This runner’s cap has mesh inserts to help allow heat to escape from your head. These hats are low profile and unstructured for maximum comfort. A unique feature of this hat is the zippered side pocket so you can stow away the key to your car or front door while you run. This multi-functional cap is the perfect gift for avid runners!
Free yourself from dangling wires with Bluetooth earbuds. These connect to your Apple Watch or your phone so you can listen to music while you run. Listening to upbeat songs have been proven to improve your run time by helping your brain and muscles work faster and in sync. In addition to being wireless, these earbuds have an ear hook to help them stay in your ears better during your run. This “ear hook” is a vital piece for runners since the movement of running causes standard earbuds to fall out.
Maybe you prefer wristbands over armbands. These wristbands come in several different colors with an on/off strip for the safety light. They come with an expandable Velcro strap to fit larger wrists. These are great giveaways for 5K, 10K, half marathons, and marathons. Stay safe at night by staying visible with these light-up wristbands.
Some parts of the country can get ridiculously hot in the summer. At some points during the year, these hot conditions can be down right dangerous. Staying cool is important during long runs. These cooling towels are incredibly effective in helping you stay cool for hours. All you have to do is activate the towel with water and evaporation takes over to keep the towel cool as long as it stays moist!
This kit has a few essentials that every runner needs (and wants). The water bottle helps you re-hydrate after your run. The earbuds help you get into your running groove. The reflective running band helps you stay more visible, and the journal helps you keep a log of your training for the big race. Each item is printed with your custom logo to promote your company or race event. These are great gifts for race sponsors to give out to those entering a race.
Safety should always be the top concern for runners. Stay highly visible and stay alert using reflective clothing and lights. If you are in a high heat area, stay hydrated and don’t overheat. Proper running form is another concern so you won’t be prone to as many running and overuse injuries. Running is great for your overall health and a great way to alleviate stress. Do it for you. Do it for your family.