As of November 2016, 28 states and D.C. have legalized medical marijuana. The list of medical uses for this natural plant is impressive. From reducing nausea in cancer patients to helping treat autoimmune diseases, this not-so-new remedy is a miracle treatment for many people.
Whether you are on-board with the legalization of medical marijuana or not, this industry is here to stay as evidenced by it being legal now in over the half of the states in the U.S.
Overall, legal marijuana sales hit $5.4 Billion in 2015 and projected to reach $6.7 Billion in 2016.
If you want to reach buyers of medical marijuana to promote your business, you have to promote yourself in a way with which they will relate. That’s why custom grinder cards are a great promotional item to give away and piggyback on this explosive industry.
Grinder cards are stainless steel cards that easily fit in a credit card slot in your wallet. These cards are laser etched with your logo in a grinder pattern so the buds of cannabis can be finely ground to prepare for smoking.
The grinder size makes the cards easy to carry with you on the go. Each time the grinders are used, that person is reminded of your logo. The stainless steel construction ensures the card will be durable for hundreds of uses.
Qualifying Conditions For A Medical Marijuana Prescription
While recreational marijuana is not recommended by any reputable researchers or doctors, medical marijuana is more widely accepted. This wonder plant can help minimize many symptoms from diseases, conditions, and illnesses that affect the quality of life of millions of Americans. It’s important to remember that various medical cannabis strains are used to treat various conditions. Also, regardless of legality or not, agreement of whether or not marijuana should be used for treating these conditions is still widely debated among physicians.
Here are a few of the of the conditions for which medical marijuana may be prescribed and may provide relief (depends on the laws in your state).
- Cancer – Helps prevent weight loss, reduces nausea and vomiting caused by chemotherapy, improves mood, reduces pain, increases sleep, reduces fatigue, and improves sexual function, relieves constipation, and studies have shown marijuana may actually kill cancer cells.
- Glaucoma – Lowers intraocular pressure for 3-4 hours which helps reduce damage to the delicate optic nerve.
- Chronic Pain – Helps block the same pain receptors as opioids (OxyContin, Demerol, Vicodin).
- HIV/AIDS – Helps improve appetite, reduces muscle pain, reduces depression, and reduces skin tingling.
- Seizures – Decreases the frequency of seizures.
- PTSD – Provides temporary relief from traumatic memories.
- Muscle Spasms – Reduces muscle spasms with less of the negative side effects caused by traditional muscle relaxants.
- Many Others
While research of the long term effects of medical marijuana is in its infancy, you can see there are many promising positives associated with the plant. Over the coming years, there will be many more studies to confirm some of the current treatments and possibly retract a few of them.
If you are a business who wants to be in front of these buyers, customized grinder cards are a great item for you. If you are a medical marijuana dispensary, these cards are a no-brainer.
Overall, if not abused, the pros far outweigh the cons on the subject of medical marijuana. Recreational marijuana is a whole different ballgame though.