Halloween is a fun celebration that is observed by millions of American children (and adults) each year. In fact, according to Forbes, Halloween has become so popular that over $6.9 billion will be spent on Halloween costumes, candy, greeting cards, Halloween promotional items, decorations, trick or treat bags, and other Halloween related products. Because of the popularity of this holiday, it is one that you can’t afford for your business to NOT be involved. So why not promote BOTH your company and Halloween trick or treating safety at the same time? Below you will find some general trick or treating safety tips and statistics that you can use for your Halloween marketing and promotions. Additionally, below you will find some Halloween-related promotional items that are great for your Halloween promotions.
Trick or Treating Safety Tips
- Wear some kind of reflective clothing or use reflective safety strips to increase your visibility.
- Carry a flashlight and USE IT!
- Avoid wearing Halloween masks while trick or treating that impede vision.
- Make sure that your costumes are flame-retardant or flame-resistant.
- Avoid trick or treating in dark areas and areas with heavy motor vehicle traffic.
- Ensure that your children are accompanied by a responsible and trustworthy adult while trick or treating.
- Inspect all Halloween candy that your children receive before allowing them to eat it.
- Watch out from small, hard candy that can be a choking hazard for small children.
- Trick or treat in larger groups to increase your visibility at night.
- Consumers in the U.S. spent over $6.9 billion on Halloween last year.
- Last year, more money was spent on Adult Halloween costumes than on costumes for children: $1.22 billion vs. $1.04 billion.
- 49% of marketers launch campaigns specifically for Halloween. Don’t foolishly be in the 51% who did nothing.
- 158 million participate in observing and celebrating Halloween.
- The average consumer celebrating Halloween spends about $75 on costumers, candy, and decorations.
- $360 million will be spent on Halloween greeting cards.
Suggested Halloween Promotional Items to Promote Trick or Treating Safety
*Statistics from Forbes.com